YOU are so much MORE than that Personality Quiz
There was a time in my life when I felt really, really lost. Naturally, I turned to personality quizzes to help me understand myself better.
Myers-Briggs, 16 Personalities, Enneagram, DISC, StrengthsFinder— the list is endless.
I do think these tests are fantastic steps towards self-awareness. They can help unveil parts of ourselves we knew all along. They can empower us to embrace our best qualities.
Yet, I want to remind you that these quizzes are just a starting point.
They do not define you. Only YOU can define you.
Break Out of the Box
According to these quizzes, I am:
- Myers-Briggs — INFJ (borderline E) — Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging
- 16 Personalities — Adventurer ISFP-A — isn’t it interesting that I tested differently from Myers-Briggs since 16 Personalities is born from it
- Enneagram — Type 9w8 — Peacemaker with a dose of Challenger
- DISC — High Steadiness & Influencing, Low Compliance & Dominance
- StrengthsFinder Top 5— Individualization, Achiever, Relator, Focus, Significance
If you’re familiar with these quizzes, that probably already gives you a good sense of who I am on most days.
But here’s the thing: I’m not a static person. And neither are you.
I believe that life is a journey. To live a well-rounded life is to challenge ourselves to grow out of these perceived boxes. It’s to learn new ways of being.
You get to decide how you want to grow and evolve. If parts of that personality type turn you off, you get to overcome it.
For example, it always bothered me that I consistently came up as introverted in these quizzes. Then one day I realized that I can be extroverted too. I noticed countless times when I would gain energy from being with my people — those that were passionate about similar things.
I am neither only introverted, nor only extroverted. I am both.